Friday, August 5, 2011

Featured Agent: Laura Obermiller

Hello! Coldwell Banker Shook would like to introduce you to our agents. We will be featuring a new agent every few weeks to help you get know who we are and what we have to offer. We have some really great people here and if you got to know them, you'd think the same!

Say hello to Laura Obermiller! 


Lauras specialties include first-time home buyers,  and familiarity with Tippecanoe and surrounding areas.
If you wish to contact her you can do so at: 765.714.8439 or lobermiller@shook.com

Why did you get into real estate? 

I love the excitement of the real estate business.  I felt drawn to it, and, when it was time to make a career change, I decided to choose something I knew I would love doing.  

What is your favorite part of being a real estate agent?

I get to shop for new homes for my clients every day.  Finding the right home for a client is an interesting challenge.  It is very satisfying when I find the place that feels like home to them.

What advice do you have for first-time home buyers?

I would advise first-time home buyers to do their homework first.  Start by getting a pre-approval so you really know what you have to work with.  Also, make checklists to determine what you desire in a home.  Being patient and having realistic expectations are critical for first-time home buyers.

What do you do on the weekend, that is, when you’re not hosting an Open House?

You can usually find me at a soccer, baseball or basketball game watching my 2 sons play.  When we have time, my husband and I are often working on a project to improve our own home.  When I am not working, I love spending as much time as I can with my family. 

What, other than Real Estate, are you passionate about?

I am passionate about education and love to volunteer at my children’s school when I am able.  I worked in school systems for 11 years and enjoy working with students.  I am also a sports fanatic and love tennis, following Purdue football and basketball, Chicago Cubs baseball, and Colts football.  Finally, I have a real passion for music and love singing at my church.

What’s the most important advice you would give to someone looking to sell their home?

I would advise them to find a realtor they trust.  Finding the right realtor/client fit can make the process so much more enjoyable.  Also remember to not overextend yourself financially.  You can enjoy your new home a lot more if you are not constantly stressing about money.

What super power do you wish you had and why?

I wish I had the power to make people happy!  That is what I strive to do in my business, but a super power would sure come in handy.


Thank you to Laura Obermiller for being our very first Featured Agent! Stay tuned for more to come and as always you can find information on all our agents at www.shook.com.

Have a spectacular day!

~Adrienne



No comments:

Post a Comment