Friday, October 19, 2012


Meet Featured Agent Sherry Peck!




Specialties: I work with all types of buyers and sellers but after having been in the construction business for 15 years I have found that I am really able to help clients who want to build a home.  I help them through all phases of the process and assist them in selecting the best builder for the client’s personal situation.

Awards: 
Coldwell Banker Diamond Society
Coldwell Banker International President's Circle 

Contact Sherry
Cell Phone: 765-427-3978
Email: speck@shook.com


How long have you been in real estate?  

I have been in real estate for 33 years. I have always had a broker’s license and have only worked for three companies during the 33 years. I worked for a family owned business in Jasper County for 4-5 years working with buyers and sellers. In 1983 I began working for a local builder in Lafayette, managing his real estate office, handling the marketing and closings. I worked also with new construction – taking buyers through the entire process of selecting a lot, customizing the plans, making the selections for the interior and exterior finishes, to closing and post closing follow up. I did this for 15 years. I have been with Coldwell Banker Shook since 2000. I have lots of experience and knowledge to offer my clients!

What is your favorite part of being a real estate agent?

I love meeting all of the interesting people who move in and out of our community. We have such diversity in our community – I am able to work with clients from all over the world and they have taught me many things and I believe I have been able to help them understand our culture a bit as well.

What advice do you have for first-time home buyers? 

The advice I have always given first-time home buyers is: Select a Realtor who will assist you through the process and help you to find the property that is right for you and your family.

What do you do on the weekend, that is, when you’re not hosting an Open House? 

Spend time with my husband of 46 years and often visit our children and their families in Cleveland, OH and Mandeville, LA. 

What, other than Real Estate, are you passionate about?  

Family, cooking and reading!

What’s the most important advice you would give to someone looking to sell their home?

Do what you need to do to make it look its best and appeal to the buyer for that location, price range, size, amenities. This usually begins with cleaning closets and de-cluttering and general cleaning inside and out. Once that is done, take another assessment and do what needs to be done within the limits of your pocketbook.  Be practical!

What super power do you wish you had and why? 

I am not sure what I would call the super power but I would like to make all people understand that the secret to getting along and being happy is to have the ability to respect one another and treat each other with respect. This applies to parents and children, co-workers, peers, and nations. The hard part about this super power is that you also need to make people like themselves first!


Thanks Sherry for the wise words and advice!

For more info on Sherry visit her agent profile here.


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment